Saturday, January 23, 2010
I went to see a REPO! Shadowcasting yesterday. With my mother.

Never do this. Ever again.
Not unless my mother miraculously changes personalities.

Not to say it was a disaster, but it wasn't as smooth as I thought it would be.

We arrived 5 minutes later than the dictated opening time, passing various groups of people on the way. It took about one minute to get from the train station to the theatre, but it intrigued me how different everything is at night.

The smell.
The look.
The sounds.

Mother and I passed by a few cybergoths and punks.
A girl in huge platform shoes with striped socks and menacing ponytails, looking like she was bored. Another girl looking similar in expression and garb, but almost as if she were stalking prey, perhaps some kind of rush for the night. A rave? Probably not. But there was something there, something that she wanted.

We arrived at the theater. The line was moving slowly, so I was able to observe the many types of fans there that night. People dressed up. People dressed down. People just dressed, like they made a last-minute decision to go to the show. Then it was there. The thick feeling of dormant excitement. Someone famous was nearby.

Darren Lynn Bousman. He was huddled with a slim blonde and Spooky Dan. I was practically blinded by Spooky's video camera. He was most likely shooting footage for his next documentary. They all looked...busy. I didn't want to bother them. My mother told me to ask for a picture, but I refused. I didn't want to interrupt whatever was going on.

We passed them a second time, and he was smoking. Again, I didn't want to bother the man.

Mom and I went inside, took our seats. He passed us in the aisle not once, but twice.

He took his seat not much later...three rows behind us.
I'll never forgive myself...until RRT4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary Of Terms

Tries: These glances are the looks that you and a person you know give one another when you cross paths.



-updated when a new term comes up-

Followers

About Me

She means business. Or does she? The many-sided girl from a place nobody knows, within a place that people do know.